PAPAR, Nov 7 (Bernama) -- The second series of the Tunas Usahawan Belia Bumiputera programme (TUBE 2.0) could be the platform to attract more Bumiputera youths into entrepreneurship and business, said state Assistant Infrastructure Development Minister Datuk Gulamhaidar Khan Bahadar.
Speaking when launching the state-level TUBE 2.0 scheme at the Wawasan Papar National Service (NS) camp here today, Gulamhaidar stressed the state government's commitment to encouraging youths to seriously venture into business.
A total of 48 youths are taking part in a boot camp until Nov 21, learning business basics from mentors.
Of the 448 youths nationwide who attended the inaugural and successful TUBE programme last year, which gave them exposure to such businesses as textiles, clothing, accessories and food services, 47 participants from Sabah have already started their own business, he said.
This year, the programme was launched simultaneously at 10 NS camps nationwide, with organiser SME Corp targeting to produce 500 successful entrepreneurs from among the participants.
-- BERNAMA
Source: http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v8/bu/newsbusiness.php?id=1187681
No comments:
Post a Comment