Image by sabahkini.com
LANGKAWI, Oct 29 (Bernama) -- The Home Ministry (KDN) cannot be blamed for the failure of a security company to screen their workers for criminal records says its Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi here, today.
Ahmad Zahid who is also the Deputy Prime Minister said all security companies had been given guidelines about responsibilities required to be fulfilled when recruiting employees.
"KDN has set stringent conditions on recruiting workers by security companies such as compulsory screening test for each individual (applying to be a security guard)," he told reporters after attending the 4th ASEAN Ministerial Meeting on Drugs, here.
According to him, KDN is auditing on all security companies to ensure they complied with all guidelines set.
He was commenting on the case of a security guard believed to be involved in the murder and rape of a form five girl in Teluk Kumbar, Penang, last Sunday.
The suspect, said to have a drug addiction record, was caught several hours after the body of Intan Suraya Mawardi, 17, was found by her father in a pool of blood in her bedroom at about 7.30 pm.
Ahmad Zahid said KDN had issued a show cause letter to the company one day after the incident and gave them seven days to reply.
According to him, if the security failed to reply with in a specific period or provide satisfactory answers, action would be taken to cancel the company's registration.
He said his ministry would not compromise on its action if there was negligence on the part of the company in recruiting security guards.
"We will not compromise if they were negligent in carrying their responsibilities," he said.
-- BERNAMA
No comments:
Post a Comment